Tony Nathan (Caleb Castille) lands in a powder keg of anger and violence when he joins fellow African-American students at Woodlawn High School after its government-mandated desegregation in 1973. The Woodlawn football team is a microcosm of the problems at the school and in the city, which erupts in cross burnings and riots, and Coach Tandy Gerelds (Nic Bishop) is at a loss to solve these unprecedented challenges with his disciplinarian ways. It’s only when Hank (Sean Astin), an outsider who has been radically affected by the message of hope and love he experienced at a Christian revival meeting, convinces Coach Gerelds to let him speak to the team that something truly remarkable begins to happen. More than 40 players, nearly the entire team, black and white, begin following Jesus, and the change is so profound in them it affects their coach, their school and their community in ways no one could have imagined.
WHY A SITE LICENSE?
Since DVD’s and digital purchases are only licensed for home entertainment and personal viewing (devices), a “site license” is required to show movies at your church, school, or other non-profit organization. Please note: site licenses are not available for in-theater showings and umbrella license programs (such as CVLI) do not apply to films like this.
WHAT LICENSE DO I NEED?
- If you are showing the movie at your church, please select the kit that corresponds with your average weekend attendance, not the expected attendance for the event.
- All other organizations are covered by the STANDARD size kit.
Customer Reviews (10)
- Lots of extrasReview by LHC
- Great Package Review by PAUL
For all that you get I truly believe it is a bargain & the movie was one of the best.
(Posted on 9/1/2016)
- Event kitReview by Janelle
We do apologize for this inconvenience and are glad this was resolved. If you have a similar concern to Janelle, Here are some tips you might find helpful:
1. While a DVD copy of the film is included for your convenience, you are welcome to purchase the digital HD release of Woodlawn or a Blueray edition if required for your venue. Your license grants you permission to show the film, it does not have to be the specific DVD included.
2. This kit does not include a physical "license" -- but your receipt acts as a proof of purchase and will prove you have permission to show this film. We do have a digital license we can email you if preferred. (Posted on 6/22/2016)
- Best ValueReview by Pastor Don
- TREMENDOUSReview by Timothy
- INSPIRINGReview by Mary
- Great movie and kitReview by Steve
- Excellent movie and kit materials.Review by Lois
Just like always, City on a HIll has quality materials... (Posted on 3/7/2016)
- Excellent kit. Showing film Friday nightReview by Pastor Dana
- Woodlawn Event was awesome!Review by Shawn and Jeni Mattingly
Just wanted to let you know that the Woodlawn Event was awesome! We
had over 100 folks attend from teams from all over Louisville! LifeWay
Christian Store donated Bibles and Devotionals to give out after the event!
Most importantly, Scott Long told the story of the Gospel after the movie.
At the conclusion, 19 players came down front and gave their lives to
Jesus!! Scott stayed and prayed with them and the FCA took all of their
contact info to make sure there is solid follow up and support. They each
went home with a new Bible! I can't tell you how amazing it was to see 19
of them stand up and come to the front of the theater!!
Thanks so much for your help and a beautifully told true story!!
Shawn and Jeni Mattingly
[EDITOR'S NOTE: This review is from a WOODLAWN movie event held in a local theater. We loved their idea of partnering with their local Christian Bookstore and FCA to make a HUGE impact)] (Posted on 12/3/2015)
Write Your Own Review
How long will it take for my package to arrive?
So long as an item is currently in stock, if you place your order during the business week, your order should be shipped out within 24 hours. If you place your order after 12pm EST or over the weekend, your order will not be shipped out until the following business day. Shipping times may vary depending on location, but these are the general timeframes for the various shipping methods:
- FREE Shipping, for orders over $100 (7 business days or less): USPS or FedEx
- Economy (7 business days or less): USPS
- Ground (4-7 business days): can go USPS or FedEx
- 3-Day (3 business days): FedEx
- Expedited (2 business days): FedEx
- Overnight (1 business day): FedEx
- Priority Mail International: 6-10 business days
- Worldwide Expedited: 4-6 business days
Please provide a physical address when able to - shipments to P.O. Boxes may be delayed.
What is your return policy?
If an item is damaged: Any item damaged in shipping may be returned within 30 days of receipt. We will pay for shipping back to us (if necessary), and send you a replacement item for no additional charge.
If an item is defective: Any item that is defective (referring to technical problems with a DVD, caused by City on a Hill) may be returned within 90 days of receipt. We will pay for shipping back to us (if necessary), and send you a replacement item for no additional charge.
If an item is not what you expected/no longer wanted: If you are not satisfied with an item (wrong size, not what you expected, etc.), you may return it within 30 days of receipt. After City on a Hill has evaluated the state of the product (whether it is in re-sellable condition), we will issue a refund or exchange it for the same item (or in some cases, an item of equal value).
Items are re-sellable if they are unopened, or have no wear-and-tear; this is subject to the discretion of City on a Hill.
A re-stocking fee of $1.55 per order and $0.45 per item will apply.
We cannot refund original shipping charges. City on a Hill will not reimburse for shipping back to COAH.
How to return an item: YOU MUST CONTACT CITY ON A HILL before returning an item for ANY reason. Every return must be accompanied by an RMA (Return Material Authorization) number, which you will receive when contacting COAH about your return. To receive your RMA number, as well as instruction on how/where to ship your return back to us, please call (502)245-2425
If material is returned to City on a Hill without an RMA, the return will be subject to additional processing fees.
Please note that it may take up to 3 weeks to process a return from the date we receive it. We will notify you via email when we receive your return, and do our best to credit your account in a timely manner.
We can only accept returns that were originally purchased from City on a Hill. If you purchased a COAH product from another store, please contact them for their return policies.